How To Be Successful In Life: 11 Tips | Blogfreekblogfreek | June 8, 2017 | 3 | Lifestyle
No matter how old you are, where you’re from or what you do for a living, whether you are men or women, we all share something in common—a desire to be successful. Each person’s definition of success may be different, however, as some may define success as being a loving and faithful spouse or a caring and responsible parent, while most people would equate success with wealth, fame, and power.
We all want to achieve success so we could live a comfortable life—have financial freedom, drive a nice car, and live in a beautiful house. However, although success can be achieved, it does not come easy.
There are a lot of tips and strategies out there on how to be successful in life, but I am still a firm believer that there is no better way to succeed than to follow that footstep of those who have already done so. Here are 11 success tips from some of the world’s most successful and renowned people which will definitely help you in your way to get success.
1. Think big.
From Michelangelo Buonarroti, Great Renaissance Artist: “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.”
2. Find what you love to do and do it. Identify your passions.
If you are doing what you love, you will do it with more passion and energy which will ultimately help you to become more successful in your life.
Before you can achieve success, you will have to define what success means to you. While it may take years to realize what you want to do with your life, identifying your passions, interests, and values will help you set goals and give your life a sense of meaning. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- How would you like to be remembered by others?
- How do you want to make your community a better place?
- What are some favorite subjects of interest in your life? For example, think of subjects you enjoyed studying in school. Ask why you liked them.
- For instance, you may have loved musical theater. Think: Was it because you loved the music, or was it because you loved working with a big group towards a common goal?
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. ” –Steve Jobs
- Set SMART goals; goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound.
- Break big goals down. For instance, if your goal is to see the world, you can set the goal of saving money and visiting certain countries.
3. Do not be afraid of failure.
Fearing failure more than craving success
Fear of failure is a very real and incredibly debilitating barrier holding a lot of us back from winning.
- We don’t apply for that job because we’re sure there’s “no way” we can get it.
- We don’t talk to that cute girl or guy because we think they’re “way out of our league.”
- We don’t take that course that could potentially change our lives because we think “what if it doesn’t work for me?”
And I don’t blame anyone for it — I’ve felt the very same fears myself before.
Even the most successful people have fear…but unlike most people, they adopt specific mindsets that help them avert that fear. If there’s one thing you should take away, it’s this: Fear of failure happens when you live in the future rather than the present.
That’s why adopting a mindset of themes helps fight that fear.
Rather than aiming to “earn a million dollars,” you should set a theme in your life like, “I want to add more value everywhere I can.” Once you do that, you stop fearing failure and start embracing the moment.
4. Have an unwavering resolution to succeed.
5. Be a man of action.
You have everything to get success but not working for what you are looking for then I can guarantee you that you are not going to be successful in life. Making plan is very important but perform an action is even more important. Be a man of action and work hard for your dreams and then only you can think about success.
From Leonardo da Vinci, Renaissance Genius:“It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”
6. Don’t be afraid of introducing new ideas.
Make new ideas and do not afraid of introducing and implementing the new idea until the idea make you successful. Every idea or every plan may not work but if you will not try the new ideas then you will keep hovering on same plan which is not working that well. Every new idea will give you new chance to be successful.
7. Believe in your capacity to succeed.
Believe in yourself and be thankful to God for what you have. Work always to improve and enhance your capacity but always maintain a good attitude and gratitude towards yourself. Believing in yourself is the only way to develop great Attitude for life.
8. Always maintain a positive mental attitude.
From Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of America: “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”
9. Don’t let discouragement stop you from pressing on.
From Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of America: “Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end, you are sure to succeed.”
10. Be willing to work hard.
Work hard until you will get success. If it requires one more action, do it and one more and one more and one more and so on until your actions will give you what you are looking for in the life. Do you best to get success and you will get the best from life.
11. Be brave enough to follow your intuition.
Don’t compare your own life to other peoples’ lives. Unfortunately, many people measure their own success by comparing it to the success of those around them. If you want to feel accomplished and happy, you will have to value your life for its own sake.
- Many people have the tendency to compare the low points of their own lives with the high points of other peoples’ lives. Remember that no matter how perfect somebody’s life may seem, behind closed doors everybody deals with tragedy, insecurity, and other difficulties.
- Rather than comparing yourself with people who are “better off” than you, think about all of the people who are homeless, chronically ill, or living in poverty. This will help you appreciate what you have rather than feeling sorry for yourself.
Count your blessings and be thankful to GOD for what you have in your life. No matter how much you achieve in life, you will always feel unhappy if you constantly focus on what you don’t have. Instead, devote time every day to appreciating the things you do have. Think beyond material items; appreciate your loved ones, Be thankful to GOD and cherish happy memories.